Canvas Parent Account
Our teachers are communicating with students and parents through Canvas. We want all parents to have a Canvas Observer Account. A Canvas Observer Account allow parents to:
- View communications from teachers to students with class updates and announcements
- View a calendar of student assignments
- View student Canvas Classes
- View student assignments in each class
- View teacher feedback on student assignments
- View current student grades
- Receive notifications when student’s assignments are graded by teachers.
If you have questions or issues with your account, fill out this form and someone will contact you.
Create a Parent Observer Account
There are 2 ways to create a parent observer account.
Before you begin, you will need a "pairing code". Your child or your child's teacher can for you. Click here for directions on how your child will generate a pairing code for you.
- Create from a web browser, click here for instructions.
- Create on a mobile device (phone, tablet, iPad, etc...), click here for instructions.
Link a Student to your Account
Ask your student, or your student's teacher, to generate a pairing code from their User Settings. Pairing codes expire after seven days.
***If you are a Rutherford County Schools Employee, please use a personal email address.
Parent Email Notifications - links do not work
When parents receive a notification email, we ask that they read the email as "knowledge" that something new has been added. Then, open the Canvas Parent app or login to the browser as they normally would. Parents access Canvas at this link: